“Intrigued by nature, traveling, photography, investigative journalism, cybersecurity, music, writing, fabulous food, and even better talk to people and experiences life’s journey.
Seeking to be inspired, to envision the unlikely, to work hard for things that are worth it, and to be surrounded by those who bring out the best in me”
Professional Bio – With over 20 years of experience in the internet space and multi diversified domains like network administration, technology marketing, product management, pharmaceutical sales, idea conceptualisation, media production, I am now contributing my knowledge and skills in investigative journalism and parallely create awareness on cyber-crime and measures to prevent it.
I am very passionate about looking at every thing from an investigative journalists perspective and feel good creating awareness about human rights and empower them to be more vigilant and informative. My aim is to nurture human assets and protect electronic assets. I like educating people about the hidden things in Cybersecurity and how to be safe and secure on the internet. I enjoy being a public speaker and that motivates me and the audience.
Why journalism and writing is important for me? If you’re a journalist, you hear about things right when they happen or sometimes when they don’t happen at all. In other words, you hear before everyone else. Journalists know what happened, why it happened and who caused it. If you’ve always wondered why things are the way they are or the backstory that the general public doesn’t know, journalism positions you for insider access. Especially in the field of scientific journalism it’s much more interesting and exciting to know and explore the inventions and discoveries and act as one of the key medium to take it to people’s door steps, which is true for any other topics in the news today.
Never underestimate the power of words to change the way people think and feel. I have a flair for good writing and do write inspiring lines and unforgettable stories both for passion and for profit.
- I’ve completed 3 Months Online Certificate Course in Reporting, from Baduku Community College, Bengaluru. Currently pursuing my Final Year M.A. (Mass Communication and Journalism), from KSOU, Mysuru.
- I’ve been a Certified Participant at Dept. of Youth Services & Sports, Govt. Of Karnataka for their Photography, Videography, Youth Journalism and Photojournalists Courses.
Personal Bio – I am a naturally curious person and intent on getting to the depth of things. It takes a special kind of person to not only be inquisitive, but also have the ability to get information out of people who don’t want to give it up so easily.
I have a good flair for writing and have authored a book in Kannada about the life history of an academic teacher who was a spiritual guru, an enlightened soul and my best friend. I regularly participate in the science forums and workshops. Further out of my interest and curiosity I voluntarily reach out to the speakers and scientists to know more about their inventions and discoveries and also ensure to regularly keep in touch with them be it in India or abroad. My corporate experience always contributed positively to whatever I do.
What I intend to do in future – Given the paradigm shift taking place in this technological era, I see a deliberate need and a huge opportunity to ensure the right information reach the people at the right time in the right sense is very crucial. This applies to each and every field and discipline right from information technology, scientific innovations & discoveries, rapidly changing political leaderships, uncontrollable corruption, agricultural advancements, educational opportunities, foreign relations, ever fluctuating world of cinema, human rights and much more… just to mention a few. This is where I would wear my investigative journalist’s Hat!
Kannada as my native language, I have a great liking for Kannada Literature and a very strong and an intimate desire to follow the right path and be recognised as a professional writer both in Kannada and in English.
Other Interests –
- Freelance Writing & Independent Investigative Journalism
- Yoga Practitioner. I have always been a seeker. I was always looking for meaning and secrets hidden in the natural world, in the world of those around me. Yoga has been a part of my life for over 10 years, and my practice has helped me grow stronger, more flexible and fearless, both on and off the mat. Yoga inspires me to live each moment more mindfully. **Won the Gold Medal in the 11th South Indian Open Yoga Championship in Bengaluru**.
- Photography. With my DSLR I like to explore the world traveling and enjoys driving. **Distinction in Diploma in Photography by Shaw Academy**. Member of The Youth Photographic Society, Bengaluru.
- Wildlife Conservation. I have attended Workshops on Rescue and Relocation of Snakes. But yet to rescue one !
- My Ham Radio (Amateur Radio) Call Sign – VU3HBR.